Britney Spears' hit-and-run charges were dropped yesterday. The misdemeanour charge - which resulted from an incident where the 25-year-old drove into a Mercedes-Benz Station wagon in a San Fernando car park and then walked away- was dismissed by Superior Court Judge Susan Speer after Britney paid the car owner Kim Robard-Rifkin approximately $1,000 to cover the damages. However, Britney still faces a charge of driving without a valid Californian driving licence. While Britney didn't attend court herself, her lawyer Michael Flanagan entered a not guilty plea on her behalf at the Van Nuys court in California, ahead of a pre-trial hearing on November 26. Speaking outside the court, Mr. Flanagan said Assistant City Attorney Michael Amerian had already offered Britney a plea deal for the licence charge which would result in her being on probation for a year. He said: "She got a licence, she has insurance, has always had insurance. The question is - is probation really necessary?" Meanwhile, Britney is required to attend a custody hearing today. at the Los Angeles Superior Court. The 'Gimme More' singer is fighting for joint custody of her two sons, Sean Preston, two, and 13-month-old Jayden James, who were awarded to her ex-husband Kevin Federline last month.
Labels: BRITNEY SPEARS, GOSSIP, JAMES EDSTROM