Snoop Dogg has been refused entry into Australia. The rapper failed to pass the country's strict character test, which considers criminal convictions, and his visa has been cancelled. Snoop, who was due fly to Australia to co-host the MTV Australian Video Music Awards on Sunday, has 28 days to contest the decision. Immigration Minister Kevin Andrews told Sydney's Macquarie Radio Network: "He doesn't seem the sort of bloke we want in this country. "This man has been a member of a Los Angeles gang, and is still associated with it apparently, that's been involved in murder, robberies and drug dealing in the Los Angeles area." MTV are currently in discussions with immigration officials to overturn the star's ban. MTV managing director Dave Sibly said: "We're putting a lot of energy in to making a case for how popular Snoop is and the fact he's been here before without incident. "We're hopeful that when people tune in to MTV at seven o'clock on Sunday, they'll see Snoop on the red carpet." The 35-year-old hip-hop star received a warning after overstaying his visa by two days when he visited Australia in February. Snoop - real name Calvin Broadus - was recently given five years probation and 800 hours of community service after pleading no contest to gun and drug charges in the US. This is the second time this year the rapper has been barred from entering another country. Last month, he was forced to scrap the UK leg of his tour with P. Diddy after being denied a visa, following a brawl in London's Heathrow Airport last year. Earlier this year, the rapper was interviewed by Swedish police on suspicion of using illegal narcotics after performing in Stockholm. Snoop's lawyer, Donald Etra, said he had not heard about his client's refused entry into Australia and could not comment.
Labels: CALVIN BROADUS, GOSSIP, JAMES EDSTROM, MTV, SNOOP DOGG